Savory Bread Pudding
From SMFM vendor Bresnan Bread & Pastry Ingredients:
- 1 lb or half loaf County Sour, cut into 1/2" cubes
- 1/2 medium yellow onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 1/2 cups whole milk
- 2 1/2 cups cream
- 1 tablespoon thyme
- 7 eggs
- 4 ounces gruyere, grated
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Sauté onion over medium heat until lightly browned. Add garlic, and cook an additional minute.
- Combine milk, cream, eggs, salt, pepper, thyme, and cheese. Mix in bread and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Pour into a buttered 9x13 or similar-sized shallow baking dish
- Cover with plastic wrap, then foil
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 50 minutes. Increase temperature to 425 degrees, remove plastic/foil, and bake until top browns, about 10 minutes.