From the Women of Saint Michael's Pass The Plate Cookbook
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- Tabasco sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon (or more) soy sauce
- 6 eggs (or more)
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese (reggiano preferred)
- 1/4 cup buttered bread crumbs
- Melt butter, add cream, and bring just to a boil. Season with Tabasco, salt, and soy sauce.
- Break eggs (one or two per ramekin) into six buttered ramekins. Cover with sauce and sprinkle generously with combined parmesan cheese and bread crumbs.
- Bake at 350 degrees until whites are set and the gratin is browned (about 10-15 minutes).