Roasted Zucchini or Summer Squash with Cheese and Herbs
From SMFM vendor Comeback Creek Farm Ingredients:
- 2 medium summer squash or zucchini
- 3/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- About 2 tablespoons fresh herbs
- Olive oil to lightly coat the squash slices
- Kosher or other flaky salt to taste
- Fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Trim ends of zucchini/squash and slice lengthwise about 1/4" thick. Lightly brush or spray both sides of each slice with olive oil. For the herbs, lightly spray the leaves with oil so that they don't burn.
- Ona. baking sheet lined with parchment paper, lay the slices in one layer. Sprinkle salt and pepper on top of each slice to taste.
- Add cheese and herbs on top of each slice.
- Bake zucchini/Squash about 20 minutes in the oven, or until the zucchini is cooked and cheese is melted. Serve warm or at room temperature.